Sunday, May 18, 2014

CHEESE & MILK COOKIES 芝士牛奶方块酥


Heat it up again!
I just realized since CNY I have not been updating this site! Which also means, I have not been active in kitchen for so many months?

Well, I have to admit that, I am guilty as charged. Frankly, for the past months other than focusing on work, much of my free time was spent on running, gardening and at some point I was rushing sewing projects to prepare wedding gifts and baby gifts to my colleagues.   I will share the photos of these sewing projects in later posts.
Besides, I must confess in the last few months I was kind of addicted to the small screen of a tablet chasing after a few famous Korean dramas. The Korean wave was still on to me, as I just came back from my 8 days DIY trip with 3 lady friends near the end of April 2014. I will try to find time to share some of the highlights of my Korea trip later especially the food we enjoyed there.

Last Sunday morning, after my routine long run and some weeding at my garden, I decided to resume my baking activity by trying out this simple cookies recipe.  I had prepared the ingredient even before my Korea trip and I told myself not to delay anymore and decided to finish them off.
This recipe was extracted from Yum Yum food magazines featuring Chinese New Year cookies, but this cheese cookie can be served anytime of the year.  It is especially great for afternoon tea serving as kids-friendly nutritious snacks!
 
CHEESE & MILK COOKIES 芝士牛奶方块酥





CHEESE & MILK COOKIES



INGREDIENTS:
100g softening
70g icing sugar
80 grated cheddar cheese
280g all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
100 ml fresh milk
 
METHOD:
1.      Preheat oven to 160 degrees C with the rack in the middle of the oven.  
2.      Soften cream, mix cheddar cheese, icing sugar and salt until well combined. I used hand mixer to cream. 
3.      Add sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda and fresh milk; mix thoroughly with the creamed mixture until it forms dough. 
4.      Flatten the dough and roll out the dough about 5mm thickness.  
Should you like crispier texture then make it thinner around 3mm.
 
5.      Use a fork to prick holes on top and cut into squares and place on prepared baking sheets.
6.      Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.

 
7.      Remove and leave to cool before storing. 
 
芝士牛奶方块酥

材料:
100克白奶油
70克糖粉
80磨碎的车打芝士
280克多用途面粉
1茶匙盐
1茶匙发粉
半茶匙苏打粉
100毫升鲜奶


作法
1。先预热烤箱至160摄氏度.
2
。用搅拌机搅拌白奶油, 车打芝士,糖粉和盐。
3加入过筛的面粉,发粉,小苏打和鲜奶,与奶油搅拌混合均匀成面团。
4再把面团压扁擀成5mm厚的面团.
5用叉子刺洞在面团上面,切成正方形排入垫烤盘纸的烤盘
6烘烤2025分钟,或直到饼干是金黄色。Listen
7.  取出冷却并入储饼干容器慢慢地享用

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails